Cancelation Policy

In Charter Al ISRA we will go far and beyond to assure you have the best possible experience aboard our boat rental. Unfortunately, there are times that circumstances completely out of our control unwillingly present themselves, which very occasionally obliges us to cancel some of the day trips or week charters that have previously been booked.

On this page you will find our cancellation policy for some of the different causes we can foresee taking place.

Before we continue, it must be explained that meteorology is not an exact science, especially during the spring or the end of summer, so we are not able to make any final decisions until 24 hours before the start of the excursion.
In the case that the weather conditions are adverse and prevent the contracted boat excursion from going out, we will act as follows:

Alternative date

The most logical option would be to try to find an alternative date that can be enjoyed. In the case of not being able to offer an alternative date or that the clients cannot adapt their agenda to the new date, an alternative itinerary for the same day will be offered.

Even within the same day we will try to adapt the time of departure and arrival to avoid possible bad weather to the best of our ability. For example, if the forecast says that it will rain continuously from 18:00 onward and we have hired a full day excursion from 12:00 to 20:00 then we will change to a new schedule of 10:00 to 18:00.

The change of date or schedule does not imply any reduction in the rate or conditions of the contract unless the period of time of the excursion is reduced. In this case, the new rate corresponding to the new duration of the tour would be applied.
In no case will it be possible to make the decision of shortening the excursion, once it has already begun, in exchange for a reduction of price.

Alternative itinerary

Sometimes it may occur that the weather conditions are adverse for navigation only in a specific area of the island. At these moments the boat trip will continue on a different route than originally planned, with no possibility for customers to choose the itinerary in which the conditions are adverse.

For example, for day trips on a sailboat, we usually offer different types of routes:

information @

In the event that a group had contracted route number (…), that is,for example the trip from Flores to Lombok, and it could not be held due to adverse weather conditions of wind, wave or rain, if we are not able to provide an alternative date then we would continue forward with the tour by following the other itinerary, route number (…) , the one of the best beaches in Komodo Nationalpark , as long as the weather conditions in this other route allow us to make the excursion with comfort and security for our customers.

In the event that customers decline this new itinerary offered due to weather conditions, they would not have the right to recover the amount paid in advanced to secure the reservation.

Return of the total amount paid

In the event that the weather conditions prevent us from advancing with the trip and we can not find an alternative date, nor can we offer a comfortable and safe alternative route, we will proceed to return the total amount paid in advance. The refund will be made within max 2 weeks by transfer or at our office.

What would we consider adverse weather conditions?

Adverse weather conditions are those that either prevent the boat from leaving its base or that avert the boat trip from being carried out with full guarantees of safety and comfort for our customers. What we want is for you to spend an unforgettable day on board, but unforgettable “for good” not “for bad”.

Examples of adverse weather conditions

  • Forecast of strong waves, in the area where the boat trip takes place.
  • Strong wind forecast with speeds exceeding 25 knots.
  • Prediction of intense rain for a period of time exceeding 50% of the total duration of the excursion.

Examples of weather conditions that are NOT adverse to navigation

  • There is a forecast that shows it is cloudy or there is little sun.
  • There is possibility of weak rains during a period of less than 50% of the total time for the excursion.
  • We are cold because we have not read the instructions and we have not brought warm clothes.

Above all, we will always apply common sense

Charter Al ISRA will, above all, always apply common sense. In no case will we force the continuance of the excursion on a day in which our clients are not going to enjoy our boat and our island to the maximum, showing the greatest flexibility possible in itineraries, schedules and meeting points.

In the event that the client, due to any circumstances, including unexpected and uncontrollable situations, could not carry on with the contracted excursion, or the rental, he would lose partial or the total deposit paid depending on the following:

  1. Notifying us of such event more than 2 days prior to the date of the charter: 100% refund of the deposit delivered minus the service charge (administration, bank fees for payment and refund, time of blockade of the ship, etc), which is 20% of the total of the booking. For example, if a deposit of 5000000 IDR is paid to reserve a boat and a cancellation is made with a notification of more than 2 days, the total amount of the deposit (500 euro) minus 10% of the total value of the booking will be refunded. (20% of 5000000 = 2000000). Total refund 3000000 IDR.
  2. Notifying us of such event less than 2 days prior to the date of the charter: The client will be obliged to pay 100% of the total value of the rental fee even if he does not take part in the boat trip.

In the event that the client has a specific contracted time slot and for any reason wants to enjoy less time than originally contracted, the client will not be entitled to any refund or reduction of the rental rate. You must pay 100% of the reserved boat.

Our company manages a mix of accommodation and boat. The boat or accommodation in management belong to owners who entrust us with the management of customer reservations for the entire season.
Sometimes this reservation management is not even exclusive, as they also work with other booking agencies like us.

Therefore, in these cases, our company acts as a mere intermediary, being the management of the boat, with the lease and the payments sent directly to the ship owner. It is very rare, but sometimes it has happened, that some of the boats had a technical problem and could not be available for the contracted week. In this case, or in any other case in which the boat is not available for the contracted week, the lessor (owner) would proceed to cancel the contract with a refund of the entire amount received up to that moment.

Half amount is required upon booking and the whole amount no later than 30 days before the charter. We recommend making the reservation in advance (min. 1 month ahead) to reserve the best dates. However, do not hesitate to call us if you decide on “last minute” vacations (no later than 2 week before).

For multi day charters pls e-mail us requesting Charter Request Form and Charter Agreement.

PT BLUEWATERCRUISES will not offer refunds for long term overnight charters cancelled or shortened due to adverse weather, acts of God, or events not within the reasonable control of PT BLUEWATERCRUISES. Cancellations received less than 90 days prior to your charter date are subject to forfeiture of all paid fees, except for extremely in climate weather or for some reason the boat cannot do the charter. We strongly suggest that you obtain travel insurance for your vacation, especially during raining season. More in Charter Agreement (accepted upon booking of any overnight charter)

Scroll to Top